Traveling Driver, Class A Liquid
Our Dolton, IL branch is looking for Traveling Class A (Liquid) Drivers. These drivers perform driving duties associated with projects such as industrial tank cleaning, utility work, facility shutdown, emergency response, site remediation and rail car cleaning, working outside year-round in all types of weather. Work is local, and schedule is primarily during the day, however, must be flexible and available for emergency situations and scheduled on call weeks.
*Please note that this role requires Travel 80% of the time for 2-3 weeks at a time and physical labor 75% of the time.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Performs driving duties associated with industrial tank cleaning, utility work, facility shutdowns, emergency response, site remediation, rail car cleaning;
- Vehicles operated, but not limited to Vacuum Trucks, Cusco, Air Movers, Guzzlers and Roll offs;
- Ability to be on call for emergency response (rotation schedule will vary by branch);
- Maintain daily logs, time sheets, expense reports, dispatch and trip reports as well as vehicle inspection reports.
- Class A CDL is required;
- Previous experience operating roll off, vacuum trucks or flatbed trucks is an asset;
- Previous labor experience is an asset;
- Hazmat and tanker endorsement required;
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule;
- Ability to use a mobile computer.
40-years of sustainability in action. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.