Strategy and Planning Director
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Commerce/Business
Travel Percentage :
25 – 50%
Every day, our teams innovate across the world of finance. We collaborate to work smarter, while making a difference. We believe in diversity and inclusivity, giving a voice to everyone on the team. And we celebrate our success together. If you want to make an impact in fintech, we’d like to know: Are you FIS?
About the Team:
As a Director, Strategic Planning, you will be responsible for leading the strategic planning function within the Global Client Experience organization and support the business operations of the team’s more than 7,000 colleagues. The Global Client Experience organization consists of client care and support, onboarding services, client success and custom value-add services for the banking solutions line of business.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Provide strategic planning support while collaborating with other lines of businesses to create a holistic enterprise strategy.
- Plans, manages, and controls activities of one or more analysts that help to evaluate, analyze, and formulate strategies for business growth and/or improving productivity.
- Identifies, researches, and evaluates business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources.
- Tracks and analyzes customer feedback to identify client experience opportunities.
- Responsible for guiding the organization’s colleague engagement strategy. Partner with human resources partners to develop tactics and ensure execution of culture building initiatives.
- Instills a client-centric ethos among members of the client experience organization. Leverages industry-leading practices to train and engage colleagues in relentless pursuit of client excellence.
- Brings expertise or identifies subject matter experts in support of multi-functional efforts to identify, interpret and produce recommendations.
- Directs a team of internal communications specialists who are responsible for operations, technical and informational dissemination of information.
- Ensures policies and procedures align with corporate vision.
- Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function
- Possess ability to effectively articulate business opportunity and/or utilization and develop positive performance against budget
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience (8+ years)
- Industry knowledge, or experience in B2B technology or services industry
- General business skills, financial management and planning skills, long-term vision, and executive presence
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Ability to understand and focus on client’s needs, establish credibility and build positive, professional relationships with clients
- Project management skills
- Requires leadership and negotiation skills
What We Offer:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.