Strategic Sourcing Manager (HR Services)
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
5 – 10%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the role
As a Strategic Sourcing Manager, you will be responsible for acquiring, structuring, and negotiating contracts for Professional Services and Non-Employee categories such as IT and Technical Services Consulting, Temporary and Contingent Labor, and other Outsourced and Managed Services. This role serves as a Sourcing subject matter expert, partnering with business leaders to optimize financial and operational benefits as well as working with risk managers to mitigate the risks associated with third-party relationships. This role leads the charge in establishing and implementing company policies and procedures towards internal purchases. This individual will also work with suppliers to ensure the company secures the best price possible, while reducing incidental and extraneous cost, all while providing maximum support and value to internal stakeholders.
What you will be doing
• Leads and manages sourcing engagements with cross-functional internal teams, including needs analysis, market analysis, competitive intelligences, RFI and RFP development, cost and proposal analysis, deal structuring, contract negotiation, and implementation development.
• In partnership with business leaders, develop short and long term sourcing category strategies, and execute multiple, medium to high risk and complex projects concurrently.
• Facilitates development of relationships with vendors/suppliers and maintains relationships for long-term contracts.
• Establishes systems and procedures to ensure and enhance overall quality.
• Establishes requirements for suppliers to achieve process and quality standards.
• Reviews, analyzes, and monitors supplier contract performance and compliance.
• Negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions, and modifications to agreements. Develops and maintains vendor relationships including tracking and analysis of vendor spend and performance.
• Maintains solutions to ensure purpose and functionality of suppliers closely aligns with business procedures, directions and strategies.
• Manages the selection process to evaluate products based on user requirements, makes recommendations, and ensures purchases are in alignment with current standards and strategy.
What you bring
• Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
• 3-5 years of strategic sourcing, or relevant experience with experience in accountable category areas.
• Knowledge of strategic sourcing or vendor management functions and procedures.
• Knowledge of client or vendor relations.
• Knowledge of project management methods and techniques.
• Proficiency to supervise, lead and manage staff members effectively.
• Good working knowledge of legal and contracting requirements.
• Ability to understand and analyze financial data to support source selection decisions Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various s levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors.
• Excellent problem solving, team and time management skills managing multiple deadlines for self and others.
• Proficiency in evaluating the performance capabilities of subordinates as well as counsel subordinates in development and/or corrective discipline.
• Proficiency in making projections of future expenses based on analysis of cost effectiveness of past expenditures.
• Proficiency to operate independently.
What we offer you
A career at FIS is more than just a job. It’s the change to shape the future of fintech. At FIS, we offer you:
• A voice in the future of fintech
• Always-on learning and development
• Collaborative work environment
• Opportunities to give back
• Competitive salary and benefits
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.