Statutory Senior Accountant
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Accounting
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The Statutory Accounting team is a diverse group of individuals responsible for statutory filings in more than 50 countries worldwide.
What you will be doing
You will be working with external auditors and preparing financial statements for entities in multiple countries, including establishing timelines based on due dates. You will perform audit procedures for external audits of subsidiary financial statements and maintain reconciliations between local country financials and US financials.
This is a hybrid role with the expectation of being in the Jacksonville office a minimum of 2 days a week.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of accounting experience including internal/external audit process or Big Four Accounting Firm.
- Proficient ability to create spreadsheets and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and accounting software
- Knowledge of external auditing processes and procedures as well as accounting principles and financial statements.
- Experience in analytical and statistical examination for complex problem solving and ability to communicate to leadership.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to work in an organized manner and consistently follow-up on tasks
Added bonus if you have:
- International accounting experience
- Considerable experience with reconciliations
What we offer you
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeingGreat work spaces with dedicated and motivated colleagues
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.