Software Test Analyst Specialist
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
1 – 5%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
Worldpay from FIS is an international leader, the biggest in the world, in payments processing technology servicing all types of businesses – big and small, online and traditional retail outlets.
The company’s financial products include credit cards, ATM processing, merchant services, rewards and fraud prevention.
Worldpay’s New Acquiring Platform (NAP) specialise in delivering online payment services to our customers and we are looking for Engineers to join our team to take it to the next level. NAP is unique in the world and puts us firmly beyond what the competition can deliver.
Operating within a collaborative Agile environment, we aim to deliver effective solutions to the business and our customers using our evolving payment platform.
We are looking for proactive Team players who would like to work in the Fintech sector with likeminded individuals that want to develop robust and scalable applications for the growing market.
What you will be doing
As part of an Agile team, you’ll contribute and support the team to deliver its commitments in a predictable way according to the SAFe definition and with the expected quality.
The Software Test Analyst (QA Engineer) will report to a QA Lead and work closely with each discipline within the Delivery Team (Product Owner, Design, Development and Test) to complete test analysis, test design, manual and automated test execution, integrating closely to deliver User Stories.
- Support and maintain all testing activities with respect to implementation of new features, existing features or bug fixes.
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan.
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test ware like the test data, data validation and automated test scripts by using the supplied automation framework.
- Report manual and automated execution results; document and manage defects to resolution using provided tools.
- Backend database testing using SQL.
- Ensure all tests are covered in time and form and report timely any deviation.
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Hold and facilitate test case reviews with business analyst and developer team members.
- Proactively identify improvements and enhancements to working practices.
- Participate in sprint planning and provide details on the testing tasks and effort required to validate the committed user stories.
- Participate and provide updates on tasks at the Daily Stand Up
- Attend iteration planning, backlog refinements, iteration review and retrospective
- Working collaboratively with delivery team to ensure the Acceptance Criteria has been met
- Support the implementation of process improvements identified in the retrospective
What you bring:
- Can-do attitude and a sense of responsibility for the wider implications of software engineering. A flexible approach is necessary for the role as business requirements and their relative priorities are subject to review and change
- Software testing experience – solid, hands-on back-end testing background, with in depth knowledge of software development lifecycle and all phases of the QA process
- Good understanding of requirements (AC contribution required)
- Be able to demo the team’s work in Iteration Review meeting (be able to present in front of other teams and stakeholders)
- Excellent communication skills, able to articulate technical and non-technical issues
- Good problem-solving skills, commitment to detail and the ability to learn quickly
- Strong analytical skills, able to provide support to solve business or production problems
- Ability to make decisions, often with limited information, and communicating these to others within development/test
- Highly collaborative, supportive and team player that demonstrates a proactive ‘can do’ attitude
- Responsive, assertive and drive a continuous improvement ethos in all interactions
- Passion about sharing knowledge and best practices
- Ability to work in virtual teams shared across multiple locations
- Relevant experience of at least 7 years
- Fluent English (written/verbal)
Tech Stack wanted:
- SQL: basic knowledge (SELECT, JOIN, UPDATE)
- Linux: basic knowledge (how to monitor processes, check logs etc.)
- Log monitoring tools experience (Splunk, Kibana…)
- Jenkins basic knowledge (how to build and run jobs)
- Proven experience in working with testing tracker tools (Rally, HP ALM, JIRA)
- (Nice to have) Cucumber testing tool experience
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience in working with UNIX/Linux systems
- Experience of working with message-based applications
- Java automation experience
- Sound understanding and experience of Agile working practices
- Business knowledge of Payment systems
What we offer you
- Full remote working from any place in Romania
- Modern, international work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Competitive salary and fantastic range of benefits – private health insurance including dental, meal vouchers, private pension, sport allowance, well-being programs
- 26 vacation days per year and bank holidays replacement
- FIS shares purchase program
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.