Senior Product Manager – Attractions- Discovery
At Booking.com, we believe travel is a force for good in the world, connecting people and cultures, reducing barriers and increasing understanding. Our mission is to make it easier for everyone to experience the world. We make this possible by allowing everyone to book their entire trip with Booking.com. The Attractions business vertical is part of the Trips Business Unit where we are making a connected trip possible for our customers. Attractions focuses on the wide variety of attractions, tours, and activities available at destinations around the world. We aim to make it easier for our customers to find, book, and experience any attraction at unbeatable value. As travel returns, we are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our growing team to create value for our customers and business.
As the Senior Product Manager for Attractions Discovery, you will be responsible for creating a great search & discover experience for our customers in our funnel. With a talented team of UX designers, developers, ML engineers, data scientists, data analysts, and more, you will focus on making it easier for our customers to find the attraction they are looking for. You will be tasked with driving growth of the marketplace and your areas of focus may include but are not limited to the search experience, ranking of attraction products , personalisation, filtering & sorting and building features to categorize our products. You will be collaborating closely with stakeholders across the company to create a seamless experience for travelers.
- Responsible for the short and long term product strategy, goals, success metrics and roadmaps for Attractions’ search & discover experience. Understand and explain the team’s impact on the Attractions vision and strategy, and how it fits into Booking’s mission.
- Identify user needs through various methods of research (quantitative, qualitative, market research, benchmarking)
- Responsible for data analysis, experimentation, and reporting on the search & discover product area to drive changes and improvements to the user experience.
- Serve as the product team’s primary contact for information, work prioritization, and decision-making.
- Responsible for selecting the right methodology for the product that is being developed given the stage of the product life cycle, by applying knowledge of the limitations and possibilities of the various product development methodologies.
- Responsible for ensuring a high quality user experience with our products by applying technical awareness and understanding of technical risks.
- Support and justify the chosen technical solutions and build a bridge between technical and non-technical stakeholders by ensuring the technical feature development and strategy are scoped to satisfy the short and long term needs of the business.
- Works independently with support and coaching from senior and group product managers.
- Responsible for directly or indirectly coaching, leading, and/or managing junior or core product managers to successfully grow others in their career.
- Actively participate in product networks and the craft community outside of their own track. Contributing to the craft community and company wide efforts where needed (e.g. recruitment activity generating leads, doing phone interviews)
- Strong Problem Solver – Ability to identify and analyse issues, problems or opportunities to achieve desired outcomes, by applying structured thinking and to break down issues to form a logical train of thought that can be followed and understood by others.
- Creativity and curiosity – A creative problem solver with a deep curiosity about our customers, business and product.
- Excellent degree of communication skills – Being able to effectively communicate both the strategic vision and specific details to various stakeholders, from senior leadership to individual project members. Being able to write clear and concise product requirements, status updates, and product results.
- Excellent degree of analytical skills – Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and recommend effective action plans to resolve issues.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills with the ability to achieve mutually agreeable solutions by staying adaptable, communicating ideas in clear coherent language, and practising active listening.
- Ability to thrive and work in a fast-paced, results driven environment with multiple responsibilities, whilst also taking the time for personal reflection and growth on individual and product skills.
- 5+ years of relevant product management experience.
- Experience with owning a large scope of user-facing search and discovery products and features
- Experience with new product development and experience with scaling products.
- Experience working in a diverse multi-product team environment with inter-team dependencies.
- Comfortable to query data and perform analysis independently.
- Experience in sizing opportunities and translating them into products, features and processes that deliver value.
- Knowledge and experience in the travel and/or e-commerce industry is a plus.
- Contribute to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and see real-time impact of your work on millions of travellers worldwide.
- Work in a fast-paced and performance driven culture.
- Opportunity to utilize technical expertise, leadership capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative engineering solutions.
- Technical, behavioural and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.