Senior PHP Developer_7-10 Yrs_Gurgaon
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Engineering
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS, you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
Payrix is part of WorldPay (an FIS company), who invented payment facilitation enabling technology companies to provide integrated payment solutions, significantly expanding access to modern payment methods to SMBs and rejuvenating the end-user experience.
About the role:
This role will be responsible for developing new products and capabilities on the core platform to meet customer needs. This person will work with our largest customers to solve issues and resolve bugs. The platform is complex and therefore presents a fantastic opportunity to learn about embedded payments and payments facilitation.
What you will be doing?
- Deliver quickly and iterate often; concretely, this means that within your first few weeks you will bring code live that impacts many merchants
- You will be responsible for developing high quality code and releasing products in partnership with Product Management
- Identify problems and improve the platform to make it more maintainable, scalable, and resilient.
- Collaborate across teams and time zones to make things happen, review code and give and receive feedback.
- Work with engineers across the company to understand when existing infrastructure can be leveraged vs. when building a bespoke solution is prudent
- Work with members on your team to execute against both short and long-term roadmaps, making effective tradeoffs that consider business priorities, user experience, and a maintainable technical foundation
- Build and deliver high quality products on time
- 7+ years of software development experience (PHP preferred)
- 2+ years of backend (REST API) development experience
- 2+ Years of Laravel Experience.
- Familiar with AWS cloud platform
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, clarity of communication when discussing technical concepts
- Experience with all or most of the following:
- Cloud native development, software architecture and design
- Dynamically typed programming languages (PHP preferred)
- SQL databases (Postgres preferred), Pub/Sub messaging, and dynamic caching
- Take ownership of your work, follow best practices, hold yourself and others accountable
- Be highly motivated and self-sufficient, with excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
Bonus if you have experience with:
Fintech or payments/banking product development Phalcon framework Working in a Tech Start-up
What we offer you:
- An exciting opportunity be a part of World’s Leading FinTech Product MNC and help to shape the future of fintech
- A range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- A multi-faceted job with a broad spectrum of responsibilities
- A modern international work environment and a dedicated and innovative team
- Always-on learning and development
- Opportunities to give back
- Competitive salary and benefits
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.