Senior Director Procurement, Category Management, EMEA
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
10 – 15%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The Global Category Management team sits within Enterprise Supply Management as part of organization lead by the Chief Operating Officer (COO). We leverage category and industry specific knowledge and supplier relationships to generate savings, revenue enhancements and supplier value while managing risk and enabling a diverse supply base. It’s an amazing opportunity to join a talented team of innovative and committed folks doing interesting work at the world’s largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions!
What you will be doing
The Senior Director, Category Management (EMEA Region Lead) will lead the teams based in Europe, Middle East & Africa, either directly or indirectly, including approximately 20 supply management professionals to ensure optimal spend management solutions and a stable, efficient supply chain across all category groups. Categories supported may include Technology Products and Services, Third Party Labour, Enterprise Services, Data & Related Services and Business Products and Services. You will be responsible for the development of region-wide category strategies, maintaining alignment with global category strategies as well as ensuring that key cost reduction strategies are delivered to meet savings targets, while managing supplier risk and performance.
Strong business partner relationships are critical to the success of this role, and the individual will work collaboratively with regional and local executives and stakeholders across FIS, acting as the primary point of contact for stakeholder education, communication, and issue resolution.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Lead and develop the regional team of procurement professionals in analysing, sourcing, negotiation, contract development and the award of contracts across spend categories
• Interface and build strategic relationships with key stakeholders, including business leaders, Finance leads and Legal
• Collaborate with the global category leads and ensure alignment to overall category strategies. The ability to lead in a matrixed environment is critical
• Gain a thorough understanding of stakeholder’s business strategy, and requirements, to develop category and supplier approach
• Analyse key supply markets and establish relationships with leading partners
• Develop and implement supplier cost savings strategies across multiple categories across the region
• Periodically conduct comprehensive category reviews
• Proactively identify and mitigate category risks; partner with internal risk teams to ensure all deals are compliant with all relevant requirements
• Identify and drive strategic category direction, prioritizing workload, and project assignments for team
• Manage complex negotiations with third parties and ensure benefit for FIS
• Build and maintain awareness of external marketplace and industry trends related to category and third parties
• Deliver a superior customer experience to internal and external clients in region
• You will be a “player coach” with demonstrated ability to deliver through others or as an individual contributor
What you bring
• Effective leadership skills and commitment to mentoring, coaching, and developing a team of direct and, potentially, matrix reports, located around the world and virtually
• Expertise in strategic sourcing, contract negotiation and management, supplier performance and relationship management, and category management
• Deep knowledge of relevant regional supply markets
• Demonstrated understanding of business, financial, and economic ramifications of various procurement actions and alternatives to recommend appropriate actions
• Track record of successfully implementing procurement initiatives including achieving savings targets, negotiating complex deals, and delivering process improvement
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to distill complex issues quickly, effectively communicate strategies, and summarize key points and implications
• Strong Project Management skills with proven experience in successfully managing and executing multiple, large-scale initiatives
Added bonus if you have
• MCIPS or similar distinction preferred; Lean / Six Sigma Green Belt equivalent or greater a plus
What we offer you
• A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
• A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
• A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
• A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.