Senior Business Development Manager – Strategic Partnerships
At Booking.com, we want to empower everyone to experience the world. Through our products, partners and people is how we do it. There’s a whole planet of possibilities out there and we bring it all together, in one place.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Business Development Manager to join our Partnerships team. The Partnerships team supports Booking.com BV with executing its strategies related to Booking.com’s third-party distribution, business development and partnership goals across diverse sectors. These duties include establishing new partnerships (sourcing, negotiating, contracting and launching new demand Partners) and Account Management (optimizing, growing, renegotiating with existing demand Partners) in the North American (NORAM) West market. This position will be based in our beautiful Seattle, WA office and report to the Area Manager of Strategic Partnerships, NORAM West.
This role requires an individual with a strong background in e-commerce, travel industry knowledge, successful business development skills and demonstrated success in the management of distribution partnerships. The ideal candidate is a highly self-motivated, energetic, and engaged team member with an established network across key industry categories.
What You’ll Do:
- Run all aspects of the Business Development process (market/segment/vertical research, sourcing, presenting, proposal generation, negotiating, contracting, and launching) resulting in the addition of new strategic partners for Booking.com and Booking Holdings. In doing so, the individual must be able to drive commercial terms that represent Booking.com’s best interests, as opposed to simply representing the (potential) partner’s requirements and bringing those asks back to the business.
- Responsible for building a strong pipeline and target list, identifying stakeholders and contact prospects via phone, email and face to face/virtual meetings. Chasing leads and following up on opportunities
- Run all aspects of the Account Management process (perform recurring data-driven assessment of partner health, identify growth initiatives and put in place plans to address, conduct quarterly business reviews) with the objective of growing the overall production of the partnership and ensuring its long term success.
- Responsible for the ongoing success of larger, more strategic, more geographically varied (e.g. global or multi-continent) strategic partners, including the design and executing on long-term growth plans for these key partners.
- Build strong network in the markets by attending industry trade shows and events and planning market visits
- Have the ability to sell all Booking.com products, including both the accommodations and ground transportation products. In addition, have intimate familiarity with other Booking Holding’s Partnership Offerings (e.g. those of Priceline, Rocketmiles, Agoda) and be able to represent those offerings externally and transfer opportunities to the other Brands as appropriate
- Be prepared to walk away from deals that are not commercially viable despite negative impact on their targets
- Have advanced understanding of the suite of Products that we can offer our Partners and advanced understanding of our suite of tools in order to win deals and optimize partner performance
- Have the ability to externally represent other parts of the business through an understanding of Booking.com for Business, LPS, Booking Home, Experiences etc.
- Commercially creative and able to construct complex deals and customized solutions that fall outside of our standard models
- Bring new ideas to the table and present business cases and pragmatic solutions around technology, market trends, competitive landscape etc. Identify growth factors and blockers and work with the team to address these
- Be analytically aware. Focusing on growth and sustainability whilst balancing short, medium and long-term goals
- Ability to represent their region in ambassadorial or sponsor function e.g. Product Ambassador, Analytics Ambassador, Salesforce.com Ambassador, etc
- Have the ability to collaborate across other BKNG Group companies, potentially sourcing 3-party deals and be able to communicate effectively at C-level within Enterprise organizations
- Potential to participate effectively in cross-functional teams potentially with Mobile, App-Distro, Product, PPC, Corporate Development etc
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years business development relevant work experience within North American e-commerce industry (travel industry strongly preferred). Financial services/banking/loyalty sector experience a plus.
- Strong communication and ability to influence Amsterdam HQ teams (product, analytics etc.) and co-ordinate 3rd party contribution to deliver success to Partnerships generally and on individual accounts;
- Requires versatility and adapting quickly to the latest guidelines from Booking.com BV;
- Business, marketing or other relevant bachelor’s degree; MBA or Master’s degree preferred;
- Experience in cultural management and differences;
- Creative, persistent and outgoing personality, eager to learn;
- Proactive, positive and self-motivated with ability to work without close supervision;
- Quick and resourceful, team-player, flexible, accurate, strong analytical skills and eye for detail;
- Excellent communication, business and reporting skills;
- Must be able to travel 35% to 50% – both domestic and international (Canada, Netherlands, LATAM)
What We’ll Provide:
- A performance-based, target-driven environment with a competitive salary, quarterly bonus, and comprehensive benefits package;
- Collaborative, friendly, and diverse company culture;
- An excellent learning and development platform to encourage life-long learning;
- The opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds from all over the planet.
Should you require accommodation to meet the essential functions of this job, please let us know.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.