Remittance Processing Associate II
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
General Equivalency Diploma
Travel Percentage :
At FIS, our technology and our people are always moving forward. While we advance the way the world pays, banks and invests, our teams also grow their own careers. We believe in building inclusive teams where everyone’s views count. Together, our collective diversity, skills and talents empower us to deliver the best products and solutions for our colleagues, clients and communities. If you’re ready to see how far we can grow together, we have one question: Are you FIS?
About the role:
Processing customer payments and exceptions in a timely and accurate manner to customer accounts.
Schedule: Monday Thru Friday from 9am – 5:30 pm.
What you will be doing:
- Prepares customer payments for processing.
- Coordinates set-up and maintenance activities for the remittance processor and related equipment.
- Performs research and adjustment activities.
- Processes exception items.
- Maintains inventory of remittance processing supplies.
- Prepares outgoing collection notices for negotiable instruments, e.g., bonds, food stamps, foreign items.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you will need:
- Capacity to lift or move up to 30 pounds
- Considerable knowledge of remittance processing
- Proficient written and oral communication skills in dealing with employees or external customers/clients
- Knowledge of the practices, procedures and problem-solving techniques required to verify and distribute computer output
- Knowledge of the practices, procedures and problem-solving techniques required to process client transactions and produce output through computer operations
- Knowledge of the practices, procedures and problem-solving techniques involved in item processing
- Knowledge of client specifications for remittance processing
- Knowledge of off-line and peripheral equipment operation and maintenance
- Proficiency to assemble, organize and sequence work
- Knowledge to identify errors in calculations and balances
- 1st Payment is 25% of the Bonus and is paid within the first 30 days of employment
- 2nd Payment is 75% of the Bonus and is paid out within 30 days after the employee has completed 180 days of employment
- Position Offers Sign-on Bonus of $3,500. Individuals currently employed by FIS or employed by FIS within the last 3 months are not eligible for a sign on bonus.
What we Offer you:
- Opportunities to innovate in fintech
- Inclusive and diverse team atmosphere
- Professional and personal development
- Resources to contribute to your community
- Competitive salary and benefits
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.