Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Travel Percentage :
As the world works and lives faster, FIS is leading the way. Our fintech solutions touch nearly every market, company and person on the planet. Our teams are inclusive and diverse. Our colleagues work together and celebrate together. If you want to advance the world of fintech, we’d like to ask you: Are you FIS?
About the role
You will help ensure that the Worldpay developer experience for integration into payments, pay-outs and value-added service capabilities is best in class, and meets the demands of our developer community.
You will help to design and build developer centric tools that allow for fast, simple, and consistent access into our suite of payment capabilities. These tools help to enable an integration that offers the best outcomes for merchants and partners in our industry.
This will include the greatest possible coverage of consumers across channels, geographies and methods, high acceptance rates, competitive costs, low fraud rates, lower costs through our security products, and a high quality of service (reliability, performance, operability) while meeting high standards of security and compliance.
To do this you will work with cross-discipline agile teams, develop insights, make decisions, build strong visions, and create opportunities to innovate while delivering incremental value
You will make use thought leadership, customer centricity, strong communication, collaboration and influencing to make this happen.
About the team
We are an organization of expert, aligned, globally distributed cross-discipline teams that specify, designs, builds and operates APIs, SDKs, webapps and other integration tools, and back-end fulfilment capabilities.
We work with merchants, e-Commerce Partners, commercial and support colleagues to ensure we do the right thing, and we work with cross-discipline engineering teams to do the thing right.
What will you be doing?
- Build a strong understanding of merchant needs and the opportunities/constraints of the payments ecosystem
- Ensure we have a common understanding of product vision and measures of success
- Understand and define key questions / decisions and identify the research or analysis that supports resolution
- Ensure we plan coherent, consistent iterative incremental enhancements in our backlog
- Drive high quality, efficient, rapid decision making that is followed through
- Help drive continuous improvement in our product-engineering team
- Manage stakeholders to secure agreement and alignment.
What you will need:
- Product ownership skills and experience in a software development environment
- Agile mindset – the ability to jump between vision, reality, insight, learning and incremental / iterative next steps along with a strong focus on value and results
- An understanding of quality of service in a Software-as-a-service provider
- Experience dealing with clients
- Stakeholder management
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to work cross-functionally and across organizational boundaries.
Added bonus if you have:
- An interest in developer tools – documentation, SDKs, web & native apps
- An interest in front end design and the UI/UX lifecycle
- An interest in APIs, their design and lifecycle
- Experience in financial services especially PCI-certified environments such as payments or e-Commerce.
What we offer you
A career at FIS is more than just a job. It’s the change to shape the future of fintech. At FIS, we offer you:
- A voice in the future of fintech
- Always-on learning and development
- Collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to give back
- Competitive salary and benefits.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.