Print & Insert Operator II
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
General Equivalency Diploma
Travel Percentage :
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs high speed, high volume production tasks such as printing and inserting to process checks, cards and inserts.
• Sets up equipment, loads materials, clears jams and other simple malfunctions as needed.
• Maintains productivity on all machines and delivers a quality product while meeting all production deadlines.
• Follows company operational procedures and policies for printing and inserting to produce both accurate and quality work in a timely manner.
• Pays close attention to detail when printing and inserting client files according to client specific set-up instructions.
• Completes and maintains operator reports and logs including output and productivity.
• Maintains accurate check, insert and postage logs.
• Performs maintenance and makes adjustments to the system as needed.
• Keeps machines and work area clean.
• Restocks area with supplies as needed.
• Helps maintain and track all inventories of necessary supplies.
• Works within established quality control procedures.
• Responsible for training and assisting less-experienced operators.
• May be designated as lead on team and serve as back-up in the absence of supervisor.
• Interacts with various departments such as Quality Assurance and Presort Production to help resolve production problems.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
High school diploma or GED
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Proficient in the use of basic office equipment and applications specific to the function
• Requires strong attention to detail
• Verbal and written communication skills must be clear, tactful, and constructive
• Data entry skills
• May require occasional lifting, standing, walking and bending and must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Developing support role. Applies some advanced skills to job or specialization. May adapt procedures, processes, tools, equipment and techniques to meet more complex requirements of job. Duties and tasks are frequently non-routine. Resolves most questions and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels. Works under minimal supervision. May assist in orienting and training new or less experienced employees. Typically requires one to three years of experience in an office setting and/or experience in machine processed print and insert operations.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.