Multimedia Journalist – Spectrum News Wisconsin
Spectrum Networks is looking for enthusiastic, talented and driven individuals to join the best and brightest in gathering, producing and delivering stories that make a difference within our community! Our commitment is to engage viewers with relevant, character-driven stories that are important to the local communities we serve.
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 30 + local news and regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum News operates in a 24-hour news cycle which can require employees to be flexible and available to work various shifts, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means … You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to tell amazing stories that mean something to our communities. You’re fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories across multiple platforms. You’re nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills.
What we’re looking for: A Multimedia Journalist (MMJ) who is responsible for researching, enterprising, developing, writing, shooting, editing, producing and delivering live presentation of local, compelling, creative and original character driven stories while capturing quality visual content. We are looking for someone who contributes to special features and stories. Creates impactful and compelling content for the viewers in our local communities.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Proven story development skills to submit original story ideas on a daily basis
- Demonstrated news judgement and driven by the 24-hour news cycle
- Ability to edit stories as necessary
- Live shot experience required
- Ability to develop sources and generate unique, character-driven stories
- Demonstrated on-camera skills
- Experience with bonded cellular technology
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and work under time pressure deadline
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly communicate solutions
- Ability to interface with internal company personnel
- Ability to handle breaking news on-air
- Ability to shoot video
- Must be a self-motivated and have the ability to build relationships
- Must have editing skills
- Must be adept at social media
- Must use curiosity and have a sense of urgency to build compelling stories about the local community and community members
- Requires adaptability, enthusiasm, initiative and a positive approach to problem solving
- Ability to drive a company vehicle to and from assigned location while obeying all traffic laws
- Valid driver’s license for authorized driving in the State of residence
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, Communications or related field or comparable television work experience required
- 3+ years of Television News Reporting experience
Our Culture: Every employee is an influencer and culture keeper. We expect respectful communication (despite pressure), openness to feedback, an eagerness to learn, and an overall positive attitude!