Global Senior Change Manager – Customer Service
The Global Customer Operations Support team resides in Global Customer Operations and is part of the Customer Service function in Accommodations (“the Unit”). It is the team responsible for the customer operational readiness activities (Change, Learning, Knowledge Management and Quality), governing and improving the CS Ops Single Operating Model and supporting the development of the customer operations strategy in Global Customer Support Operations in line with the wider function. In addition, the team’s responsibility is to ensure effective alignment between the other Customer Service business areas, bringing the voice of the customer and the employee into the future strategy and continuous improvement plans of Customer Service. We proactively contribute to and steer the future customer support value proposition, looking 1-5 years ahead, ensuring the CS Support Operations strategy aligns to the Customer Service strategy which is linked into the overall Booking.com and Booking Holdings strategic plan. We align dependencies between different parts of the Customer Service function, providing clarity on risks and trade offs. Our role is to ensure that all functional organizational change initiatives land safely within the Customer Operations space, working closely with Vendors to supervise engagement and performance following changes and improvement initiatives. This requires us to plan and deploy large roadmaps of organizational change, together with the Strategy and Delivery business area. We co- design, implement and support large functional organizational change initiatives with the Customer Service Leadership team (“CSLT”). By means of adding this job role to Global Operations Support, we want to strengthen “Change Management” and cs operational readiness in the Global Operations Support organization.
The Senior Manager Operational Change will report to the Director of Global Operations team and work closely with the Global Customer Operations leadership team, the Customer Service Extended Leadership Team (CSELT) and the HR and Communications functions in the Unit. The role will be the linking pin between the change initiators (CSLT / CSELT) and the teams impacted in the function. The goal will be to drive and coordinate the right approach to ensure landing of changes driven by larger organizational programs into our Unit is as seamless as possible from a people perspective. Next, the function will be responsible for building out the Change craft in the Unit and inspiring change processes and methods in a structured way that can be incorporated in our ways of working.
The objective is to ensure we are preparing and engaging our operation and vendor teams for changes with the strive to embed changes efficiently and minimize disruption, so that the teams can continue focusing on their day-to-day tasks as much as possible.
In this role you will need to develop strong relationships with a wide variety of internal collaborators. You develop an in-depth understanding of what are the needs in relation to embedding and guiding change of larger programs, including communication as well as advise and complete these programs for the Change element.
- Align with ABU Strategy And Delivery unit to understand Booking.com’s 1/2/3 year plan, yearly strategic planning, operating models, etc. to anticipate and articulate implications to operational readiness for Global Customer Operations Support.
- Create, plan and lead all elements of the change management cycle of a larger (CSLT led) program which entails effective change, learning and continuous improvement adoption in the business area .
- Drives the creation, communication and execution of the Change to Global Customer Operations as a result of larger programs initiated and led by the CSLT
- Runs the change management cycle as a program including elements like roadmaps, dependency management and periodic reporting on progress
- Functions as the linking pin between the change initiators, the change program executors and the teams in the organization for the larger programs
- Leads the storytelling – Create content that translates the strategy / program into compelling storylines and visuals that delivers on business goals in a timely, creative and inspiring manner with the objective of embedding Change properly into the organization
- Provides consultation to the Global Operations Support Director and Leadership Team of the Global Operations (and the rest of the Extended Leadership Team) in order to exercise and implement Change to achieve the business goals
- Functions as the Change craft function leader in Global Operations including sharing best-practices with and use our central function to also support / coach changes impacting regional directors and outsource partners
- Communicates recommendations supported by a compelling storyline to key collaborators to ensure impact and build consensus among cross-functional teams and support decision-making with senior audiences
- Comes up with quantifiable important metrics / measurements to supervise the success of Operational readiness function and reports back on those. And use takeaways to make continuous improvements to our operational readiness process.
- Expected to manage a team of change and project specialists in the mid-term. This will include the end-to end people management responsibilities.
- 8+ years of change experience in a global environment; knowledge management or community building
- Proactive, inclusive executor with a strong customer and people focus.
- Shown success in leading through influence
- Validated experience to strategy setting and writing, as well as to the more tactical program management capabilities
- Has led change management initiatives for tech/digital companies and/or digital transformation efforts (and resulting change management) in non tech companies
- Experience in driving global or large scale initiatives
- Ability to take ownership, entrepreneurial, pro-active with positive demeanour
- Expert organizational, interpersonal, networking skills including significant teaming and cross-cultural abilities
- Creative, open, collaborative approach with a love for the people aspect on anything we want to do.
- Ability to identify and articulate themes along with a passion for visually-engaging content
- Ability to operate in a fast paced and dynamic environment; willing to roll up one’s sleeves and get work done
- Excellent influencer with the ability to identify, collaborate with and lead collaborator groups • Ability to work across silos, connect the work of disparate groups and build consensus • Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.