FIS Security Operations Analyst (Cyber Fusion Center) 2nd Shift
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
2nd Shift FIS Security Operations Analyst (Cyber Fusion Center)
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
FIS’ Cyber Security organizations secures the way we bank, pay, and invest. Securing the technology that moves $10 trillion annually, manages $40 trillion in invested assets, and processes payments for 8 of the top 10 internet companies, retailers, and airlines.
About the team:
FIS’ Security Operations is a team of cyber security professionals who are responsible for defending FIS and our customers against cyber security attacks. This team monitors and responds to cyber security threats 24x7x365 using world class security technology, across 52 countries and hundreds of thousands of computing systems. In this role, you will be exposed not just to persistent cyber security threats but also learn about the technology used to power the world’s financial system as you work to ensure its security.
What you will be doing:
As a member of the FIS Security Operations Center (SOC) you will be accountable for all aspects of monitoring and responding to security events impacting FIS and our client’s computer systems, network devices, applications and databases. Your primary mission is to analyze potential security incidents to determine the risk they pose to the organization and take action to combat identified threats. You will have the opportunity to learn from senior security staff resident in our Cyber Fusion Center from across security disciplines including penetration testing, network security, application security, and forensics. In addition, you will be expected to collaborate and mentor colleagues sharing your expertise and experience.
Main Duties of the role:
- Reviewing high and critical security alerts, assess their risk and investigate potential threats
- Respond to identified threats by blocking malicious indicators, isolating systems, or escalating incidents for further forensic review
- Provide inputs and feedback to security tools teams for tuning of security infrastructure
- Stay apprised and educated on current threat intelligence, attacker techniques, and incidents impacting FIS
- Provide mentorship and guidance regarding incident investigations to Tier 1 and Tier 2 SOC analysts.
- Experience in Security Incident Handling, technology – SIEM, Incident Management Tools such as ServiceNow, EDR Tools like FireEye, HX, CrowdStrike…etc
What you bring:
- Will need to work out of the Jacksonville, FL location.
- Able to work 2nd shift 1:30pm to 10:30pm, Tuesday through Saturday.
- 2+ years relevant experience, 3 years of experience in cyber security or similar IT roles- Required.
- Eagerness to deepen your expertise in technology and security by learning new technologies, studying attacker techniques, and investigating live threats.
- A “team player” mentality, eager to learn from and share with your colleagues.
- General knowledge of computing technologies including networking, compute, and applications.
- Proficiency in general cyber security technologies and strategies.
- A passion for our mission to secure the global financial system.
A nice advantage if you have:
- Cyber security certifications (GCIH, CEH, CISSP)
- Networking, systems, or other IT certifications.
- Experience working in a “hands on” security or technology role.
- Scripting or coding knowledge.
- FIS product or technology experience.
What we offer you:
A career centered around the mission of securing the world’s financial system.
The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services, technology, and cyber security in a fast paced – action focused – environment. A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect.
The opportunity to advance or gain experience in other cyber security disciplines. A culture where you are evaluated solely on your contribution to our team’s mission.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.