Engineering Manager – Supplier Fraud
We at Booking.com are looking for an Engineering Manager to provide technical guidance to our teams, to grow talent and to help us expand our engineering community.
If you have experience building large scale technology products which impact the way in which thousands of users interact and if you have experience in Security and/or Fraud, we would love to hear from you!
You will primarily manage, coach and develop an engineering team, ensuring the development of both (the individual and team as a whole) are in line with organizational objectives and direction. You will be responsible for timely delivery of new features and with good quality. In addition to this, you will confer with leaders, and key stakeholders and determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, scalability and time-to-market for new and existing products. The ideal candidate is strong technically (is software developer, machine learning scientist or machine learning engineer) and has people management experience.
- Directly manage Engineers and/or Machine Learning Scientists/Engineers in multiple teams and in various roles;
- Nurture, grow and develop talent in the team;
- Lead by example by taking ownership, being proactive and collaborating.
Technology, Craft & Delivery
- Technical Incident Management;
- Building and integrating software applications;
- Creating development, deployment, and integration plans;
- Continuous Quality and Process Improvement;
- Creating a culture of ownership and technical excellence;
- Manage technical stakeholders in integrating solutions.
Architecture & Product Strategy
- Thought partner for Product to define, shape and deliver the roadmap;
- Architectural Ownership and Guidance;
- Drive innovation in their own team.
- Bachelor’s Degree In Computer Science, Computer Or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Or A Related Field Or 5 Years Of Progressively Responsible Experience In The Specialty As Equivalent
- 5+ years of engineering experience;
- 2+ years of experience leading and managing a team of engineers in a fast-paced and complex environment
- Strong people management skills and experience dealing with complex people issues
- You Have Several Years Of Experience With Java And You Possess Deep Knowledge Of Java Ecosystems
- You have a proven track record of migrating services from other languages to Java.
- You have a solid understanding of Service Oriented Architecture, Microservices & OOP patterns — and you mastered explaining these concepts to others.
- You Have Worked With Large Scale Distributed Systems, Highly Available APIs, And Products That Impact Millions Of Customers.
- Having experience with Maven, Docker, Hadoop, Kubernetes, Cassandra, Apache Spark, Kafka, and Elastic stack is a plus.
- Having experience with ML, AI technologies is a plus.
- Knowledge of cloud computing fundamentals and experience with AWS and/or GCP is a plus.
- Strong business and technical vision
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of hands-on developing and shipping software
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
- Solution oriented and result driven
- Proactive, flexible and capable of working independently as well as working in a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical skills and data-driven mindset
- Experience/knowledge of machine learning science and bringing AI systems to production
This position is open to candidates worldwide and for the right candidates. We provide Visa and Relocation assistance for you and your family.
IT is the core of our business and we ensure that we give the best ‘deal’ possible to our employees. Here is what you get:
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real time impact of your work
- Working in a fast paced and performance driven culture
- Career Advancement via Online and On-the-job training, Hackathons, Conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.