Director of Engineering, Europe – FareHarbor
At FareHarbor, our mission is to make experiences better for everyone. Founded in 2013 in Hawaii and acquired by Booking Holdings in 2018, FareHarbor creates powerful tools that enable our clients (think boat rentals, museums, food tours, events and more!) to operate and grow.
With over 19,000 clients across 90+ countries—we’re the largest in our industry and shaping the future of travel, together.
Our team is an ‘Ohana of 650+ people around the world. We’re passionate about pioneering an industry, embracing challenges with open arms, and delivering value to the experiences industry.
FareHarbor Core Values:
- Think Client First
- We Are One ‘Ohana
- Be Curious and Learn
- Own It
- Act With Integrity
- Embrace the Challenge
Founding FareHarbor required unwavering passion. Turning a start-up into the world’s leading and largest reservation software for tours, activities, and attractions required relentless dedication and vision. To date, we’ve helped over 19,000 global businesses operate successfully and are proud to have played a role in enabling business owners to live their dreams.
And since day one, we’ve known that our real success lies in our people—the Ohana.
With each new feature launched and new client onboarded, there is a team of incredible people behind the scenes who are full of dedication, passion, energy, and the will to succeed. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work—to believe in their abilities, to freely express their creativity, and to contribute with their own uniqueness by wearing their true colors. We take care of one another and always prioritize health and wellbeing. We give our people the space and trust to learn, to try, to succeed, to collaborate, to think outside of the box, to make mistakes, and even to fail. And then we come together to try again.
From the minute you join, you have a voice. You find your space. You make an impact. We celebrate our victories, shout our successes, and are always eager to tackle new challenges. And we can’t wait to see all that’s to come.
About the Role
FareHarbor is looking for a strong Director of Engineering to join our team in Amsterdam. We’re seeking a motivated leader with SaaS experience and a proven track record of elevating technology teams across a complex application. This person will be responsible for driving the output and vision of FareHarbor, ensuring it is set-up for success for years to come.
You will not only oversee our diverse team, but will be working cross-functionally across our product, design, and greater organization. You will report to senior leadership and be responsible for the performance and reliability of FareHarbor’s engineering systems and its teams.
What you’ll do here:
- Drive and implement the engineering vision for FareHarbor’s main product.
- Enable the success of both individuals and teams with a cohesive strategy across the varied disciplines within the engineering departments.
- Work closely with the senior leadership team to plan and execute on both short and long-term roadmaps.
- Maintain and enhance FareHarbor’s engineering culture, ensuring it is a place to attract and retain talent.
- Collaborate with the product and design leadership group.
- Take responsibility for the output of the engineering organization, including its objectives, key results, and vision..
- Set and execute on the engineering hiring strategy.
- Responsible for budgeting and planning at the department level.
- Proactively look ahead to help drive the FareHarbor business forward.
- Ensure engineering team processes are scalable and maintainable.
- Mentor and elevate the talent of the product team around you.
- Responsible for the performance and reliability of FareHarbor’s engineering systems.
- 8+ years of experience working within the technical team of SaaS solutions.
- 4+ years of experience with people management experience in a SaaS product organization, preferably in a Director of Engineering role.
- Ability to learn quickly and understand complex systems.
- Proven track record of elevating the team around them, while creating, executing and delivering on roadmaps for enterprise software products.
- Comfort working independently, setting your own agenda, and ensuring that we hit our targets and deadlines.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work across multiple teams and timezones.
- Global leave benefit
- 22 weeks paid parental leave
- 2 weeks paid grandparent leave
- Extended care and bereavement leave
- Life insurance policy
- Pension Plan
- Central Amsterdam Location
- Discount CZ insurance
- Working in a multicultural environment – 45 different nationalities
- Commuting allowance for public transport & subsidized lunch
- Wellness benefits (Headspace subscription & wellness webinars)
- Hybrid friendly
- Work-from-home assistance
- Educational Opportunities
- Social hours & events and team-building
- 26 vacation days per year
FareHarbor is committed to creating a diverse environment, and we are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. We welcome talent that can offer us new insights and perspectives on challenges that we face, and we take measures to eliminate unconscious bias throughout the interview and hiring process. In tandem, we work to cultivate an inclusive culture in which all of our employees can be their authentic selves.
To learn more about how we use your information, see our Privacy Statement for Applicants. By submitting your application, you confirm that you understand and agree that your information will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Statement for Applicants.