Design & Usability Analyst I, FIS University Program
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Associate Development Program (Full Time Hire)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS, you will have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all, fun.
Join the 2023 FIS University Program!
As a 2023 FIS University Program full-time employee, you will have the opportunity to participate in team projects, community service activities, professional development seminars and work with a team that is invested in your growth, development, and success; including bi-annual performance connects with your manager.
This two-year full-time program has start dates in January, March, June, and September with a dedicated “Learning Week” where you will:
- Learn how to work within a corporate environment
- Learn about the exciting world of Fintech and the role FIS plays
- Hear from FIS leadership about their journey and participate in senior leader networking opportunities
- Build a network of your peers from across the organization
This position is for a June 26, 2023 start.
About the team
The Customer Journey team is comprised of 5 people located in the US, Pune, India, and Buenos Aires Argentina. We’re a creative, collaborative group of UX designers, visual designers, and front-end developers. We don’t just focus on usability within our applications, we consider the end-to-end customer experience. With a user centric approach, we challenge ourselves to create beautifully elegant designs, that are simple for our users to adopt.
What you will be doing
- Define, design, and document highly usable interfaces to meet client requirements.
- Learn about best practices for designing for users with disabilities.
- Identify and solve interface problems while migrating legacy applications to modern technologies.
- Produce common UX artifacts: wireframes, user/process flows, high fidelity prototypes, functional design specifications, site maps, style guides, and personas.
- Participate in less common UX practices: competitive/comparable analysis, content inventories, transitional inventories, UX marketing narratives, visualizations.
- Author UX content for web, create presentations in Power Point, brochures, flyers, and other customer experience centric documents.
- Communicate, defend, design rationales to team members and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with UX design team to realize final design output, and with technical teams to refine designs within technical constraints.
- Interface with an array of departments (sales, marketing, development, etc) and customers.
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Fluent in English; Strong written and communication skills
- Adaptability, a drive to learn, and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well independently and within a team
Added bonus if you have
- Enthusiastic, collaborative, flexible, independent learner, and motivated
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and information organization capabilities
- Ability to work creatively within design and technical constraints using established pattern libraries
- Working experience with Adobe Creative Cloud or other visual design, wireframe design tools
- Ability to work with on shore and offshore teams across time zones
- Artistic eye for design and details
What we offer you
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect
- Student Loan Repayment Program: FIS will PAY OFF participants’ loan balance over 10 years of service! Eligibility starts after one year of tenure in the program. The offer is for those FIS U participants located in the U.S.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.