Customer Service Associate I-Business
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
General Equivalency DiplomaGENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides customer support by phone, email or instant message to business customers. Serves as primary contact for inbound customer issues. Escalates more technical product-related issues to proper Product Support department.
• Processes a high volume of customer inquiries of FIS products and services and resolves a targeted percentage of those inquiries.
• Troubleshoots customer problems, identifies the root cause of the problem and uses tools and resources appropriately to determine how to resolve customer problems.
• When unable to resolve problems in a reasonable amount of time, will escalate to appropriate resource. Follows up on escalated issues with coaching and mentoring to learn appropriate solution and expand overall knowledge.
• Tracks and documents inbound support requests and ensures proper notation of customer problems or issues.
• Updates customer information and ensures accurate entry of contact information.
• Meets standards of job, such as quality standards, adherence to schedule and average handle time.
• May provide guidance and/or mentoring to less experienced associates.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
High school diploma or GED
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Knowledge of the company’s products, services and business operations to enable resolution of customer inquiries
• Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Computer navigation and operation skills
• Demonstrates effective people skills and sensitivities when dealing with others
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Entry level role. Basic skills with moderate level of proficiency. Generally performs a high volume of basic customer service inquires about FIS’ products and services by following standard scripts and procedures. Works under close supervision without latitude for independent judgment. Consults with senior peers and team leads on non-complex issues to learn through experience. Typically requires up to one year experience in a call center or customer service-related job in a service industry. One or more years financial services experience is preferable.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.