Customer Relations Advisor – Insurance (Czech)
Customer Relations Advisor – Insurance Claims (Czech speaker)
About the company
At Booking.com, we make it easier for everyone to experience the world. We began by taking hotel bookings online over 20 years ago, and we’ve been crafting the travel industry ever since. Today, we’re building a platform that connects all parts of the trip – from accommodation to transport, tickets, tours and more.
From our Trips HQ in Manchester, our team helps people get where they want to go, anywhere in the world. Whether customers want the freedom of a car, the ease of a taxi or the economy of public transport, it’s all made possible.
Booking.com core values
- Own It
- Learn Forever
- Succeed Together
- Do the Right Thing
- Think Customer First
We are committed to provide everything needed take your career in the direction you want. With our core values we ensure you contribute to Booking.com’s mission in the best way you can.
About The Role
As part of our Connected Trip ambition, Booking.com wants to ensure that customers have peace of mind when booking their travel – particularly in uncertain times. Part of this ambition is the delivery of insurance products to give our customers assurance that there is protection, should anything happen.
You will be part of the Transport Unit that already has a mature insurance business sought at offering its car rental customers’ this peace of mind, and we are planning to use this as a springboard on which to build further. We seek to unify our insurance resources, and build a foundation on which to deliver insurance products to all of our segments, including: Accommodations, transportation, and attractions.
Booking.com has high-reaching growth plans for the insurance business. Example opportunities include traditional areas such as travel protection, alongside new categories, such as home-sharing protection for our vacation rental segment.
The key strategic aims are to: Build an insurance operating model that can deliver to our insurance requirements, and to use this to expand and grow a global footprint of general insurance product offerings throughout the Group. Through innovation and industry sector knowledge and single-threaded focus, the challenge is to substantially improve the group’s customer Insurance experience and drive a profitable account.
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing customers’ insurance plans effectively to minimise claims life-cycle while aligning with the Insurance Regulations.
- Delivering effective and clear communication to the policyholder of all claims decisions.
- Collaborating with other departments as required to resolve any issues regarding claims.
- Remaining objective throughout the claims handling process, with the ability to display confidence and patience when dealing with difficult circumstances.
- Understanding detailed documentation and situations using your expertise and product knowledge.
- Capturing and recording data, ensuring its integrity throughout the life-cycle of claim.
What you need to do it:
- You’ll love helping people and will genuinely enjoy the challenge of restoring faith when things haven’t gone according to plan.
- You’ll need to feel positively challenged about working in a highly regulated environment.
- Written and verbal fluency in Czech and English.
- Strong mathematical skills
- Take ownership of your work and multi-task well.
- You’ll have a naturally innovative and inquisitive mind with a desire to own and deliver on your ideas.
- You’ll be resilient & have wonderful time-management skills.
- You’ll have a desire to work in a lively, fast-paced and changing environment.
- Keep calm under pressure, confidently work and deliver to deadlines and understand the importance of time sensitive issues.
- 25 vacation days (rising to 28) to go exploring
- Generous accommodation discount, so you can explore for less
- Pension with up to 10% matched company contribution
- Huge learning and development platform tailored to you
- Shopping and leisure discounts through Perkbox
- Competitive parental leave
- Flexible working, including working from home
- Wellbeing focus
- Mental health first-aiders and free support
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.