Compliance Manager, Sr.
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Business Administration
Travel Percentage :
1 – 5%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you will have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
FIS is building a World Class Export Control and Trade Sanctions Compliance program. The FIS Export Control & Trade Sanctions Compliance team is part of the broader Compliance Program at FIS. The team plays a crucial role in various areas of sanctions compliance including, but not limited to, investigation and escalation of sanctions alerts, management of true sanctions matches, execution of alert quality control reviews, management of sanctions lists, production of management information and reporting, review of sanctions risk assessment methodology and results, tracking of internal and external sanctions issues and oversight of tuning, configuration and automation of sanctions technology.
What you will be doing:
- Manage special projects, evaluate compliance escalations, and lead analyses with respect to the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats associated with key sanction and export control programs and initiatives.
- Manage and direct as well as provide analytical support to FIS’ Global Corporate Compliance Group’s Export Control & Trade Sanctions Compliance program.
- Help define governance processes, procedures, and standards with respect to the effectiveness of sanctions and export control programs.
- Manages, directs, develops and motivates project related staff.
- Performs risk assessments, and monitors and track issue resolutions.
- Offers guidance on implementing regulatory changes, and monitors compliance activities to verify that regulatory compliance deadlines and requirements are met.
- Develops compliance related resources and training to promote compliance awareness excellence.
- Identifies areas of potential improvement and growth and defines plans of action for implementation and execution.
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans.
- Identifies key business processes, performs evaluations of risk, assesses the effectiveness of controls and promotes improvement across the organization through the deployment of risk response activities.
- Participates in enterprise corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs and people.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or law or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- 5+ years of staff supervision
- Program / project management experience
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
- Comprehensive knowledge of at least one substantive area of compliance such as trade sanctions, OFAC regulations, AML, BSA, or export controls. (Prior sanctions screening experience helpful.)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and is detailed oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and complete work within tight time limitations.
- Ability to follow and conduct a compliance monitoring program.
- Ability to provide information to a variety of audiences and deal effectively with confidential issues that are sensitive in nature.
- Ability to share information with awareness of its effect on others.
- Ability to understand technical documents and legal or regulatory reference materials.
- Ability to apply creative problem-solving techniques and tools to compliance issues.
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted and challenging career with a high degree of responsibility
- A broad spectrum of experiences with a thriving Fortune 500 corporation in an innovative, ever-changing industry
- A modern work environment, and a collaborative and dedicated group of colleagues who look forward to working together as a team to accomplish our goals
- A competitive salary and a range of benefits designed to support your wellbeing
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant privacy and data protection issues in financial services and information technology
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.