Communications Manager – Trips
At Booking.com, we make it easier for everyone to experience the world. We began by taking hotel bookings online over 20 years ago and we’ve been shaping the travel industry ever since. Today, we’re building a platform that connects all parts of the trip – from accommodation to transport, tickets, tours and more.
As a key member of the Global Communications Team at Booking.com, the Communications Manager for Trips is responsible for the design and delivery of our integrated communications strategy, with a keen focus on driving impactful employee, executive and thought leadership communications for both Trips globally and the Manchester community.
In this role, you will run a small team of talented Communication specialists and work closely with senior business leaders across Trips, employee communications, recruitment marketing, public affairs, HR, as well as corporate communication agencies and other communication leads from Booking.com and Booking Holdings.
The Manager Communications Trips addresses employee and corporate communication needs via high quality, impactful communications campaigns that deliver in terms of employee engagement and enhancing our brand perception internally and externally.
What you’ll be doing:
- Partner with Trips SVP and leadership to develop & deliver communication strategies that foster internal alignment and connection, increase leadership visibility and help the business deliver on its core goals
- Act as a trusted advisor to LT, being a sounding board and providing advice, coaching and constructively challenging as appropriate
- Distill complex issues/ideas into simple, honest and compelling communication
- Deliver innovative and creative communication campaigns
- Develop overall channel strategy for multi-directional communication in Trips
- Ensure communication and/or change strategies and plans incorporate understanding of employee needs, concerns and perceptions
What you’ll bring:
- 7+ years experience managing complex global communication programs in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to manage small but highly skilled teams. Setting direction, providing feedback and development opportunities.
- Demonstrable experience creating and delivering effective communication strategies that align to regional or departmental goals.
- Able to run communication planning at a strategic/program level.
- A strong influencer. Is able to build effective relationships with senior stakeholders, and use those relationships to enable the best possible outcome for Booking.com and employees.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with Journalistic skills: interviewing, writing, copy editing, proofreading.
In return, we’ll provide:
- A great office to work in the heart of Manchester
- Great facilities including subsidised canteen and Starbucks, free breakfast & fruit, cycle hub and break out spaces
- An exciting and dynamic place to work
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Great discounts on car rentals and other group benefits
- Opportunity to shape the future of the team
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.