Chargeback Associate Level 1
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
General Equivalency Diploma
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
This position is part of our larger Chargeback Resolution department which includes our customer service and back office teams. Aside from a great leadership staff, the fraud/disputes group includes 40+ associates that are well trained with a desire to provide superior customer service. At FIS we believe that our front-line associates are as important as our clients and consumer for whom we provide services and support.
What you will be doing
As a valued member of our team you will be responsible accurately processing and resolving dispute inquiries in a call center environment. Most of the questions will be routing, while others may require your critical thinking skills which may require deviation from standard procedures. You will be required to meet standards regarding quality, schedule adherence and other metrics that would be outlined during training. After you successfully mastered the skills of this role you may be tasked to provide mentoring to less experience associates.
- Handling all aspects of the fraud/disputes process
- Learn and remain current on Visa/Mastercard, federal and state regulations
- Review, research and initiates the resolution of fraud/dispute inquiries
- Follow up on escalated issues with coaching and mentoring to learn appropriate solutions
- Expand overall knowledge of services
- Resolving non-posted items, retrieval projects and authorization chargebacks
- Extensive training 8:30am-5pm for up to six (3) weeks
- 10 hour shifts on Mondays, 8-hour shifts working between 7am – 8pm Tuesday through Friday are possible
- Availability to work on Saturday 8am-2pm
What you bring
- High school diploma or GED
- Prior fraud/dispute chargeback experience
- Excellent customer service skills (verbal and written) that foster customer satisfaction
- Knowledge of processes and procedures that affect credit/debit and pre-paid debit disputes
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment while maintaining confidentiality
What we offer you
- Attractive benefits including employer sponsored medical, dental and vision coverage
- Competitive compensation package that includes paid vacation (3 weeks), sick time (5 days) and volunteer time (8 hours)
- Career advancement opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- Great work spaces with dedicated and motivated colleagues
Also, overtime work is an essential function of this position. From time to time you could be required to work overtime.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.