Assistant Director of Food and Beverage
Who we are:
We love what we do and what we do is important! We believe that everyone should leave feeling better – this means not just our guests, but also our teammates. Everyone should go home feeling better because they learned something new, or had fun working that day. Therefore, we hire unique individuals who work together to create amazing experiences for our guests. We recognize that every member of the team contributes to the success of the whole hotel. No-one is more important than anyone else, and unless we are in it together, we cannot create that special experience for our guest.
Should you choose to accept it…
Virgin Hotels has a great career opportunity, and we want you! That is, if you are a successful Assistant Director of Food and Beverage, with multi-venue experience. Virgin is a culture that believes in action, not navel gazing. The Assistant Director of Food and Beverage must have experience taking ideas from concept to real life. An understanding of execution steps and a handle on practical considerations (cost, budgets, timing, and schedules) is critical to success in this role. Strong people leadership and development/ mentorship skills are a must. Divas need not apply. The Virgin culture, starting with the big guy Sir Richard, is a roll up your sleeve’s kind of place. At Virgin Hotels, we are focused on the guest experience, whether that is eating in one of our restaurants, ordering room service, or holding a special event at the hotel. The Assistant Director of Food and Beverage will be responsible for ensuring that all of these areas run as flawlessly as possible.
Of course, we also expect you to focus the usual things such as quality control, profitability, inventory management etc. However, at Virgin, nothing is ever “usual” so not only do you have to be willing to roll up your sleeves and get things done, but you have to be willing to have fun. We are looking for someone who is full of creative ideas and has the ability to motivate a team, as well as possessing strong e-commerce skills and a love of food and beverage. Most of all, we are looking for someone who shares our quirky sense of humor, our entrepreneurial approach and is always ready to join in the fun!
What exactly you will be doing…
In helping you understand your role in working for a progressive, environment conscious, world class organization, the following is a list of your essential job responsibilities. Please keep in mind that this list is not all inclusive and that you may be asked to perform other job tasks by your supervisors/managers not listed below in the constant quest to provide “out of this world” customer service experience for our guests:
• Assists in the ordering of F&B supplies, cleaning supplies and uniforms.
• Supervises daily F&B shift operation and ensures compliance with all F&B policies, standards and procedures.
• Supports and supervises an effective monthly self inspection program.
• Operates all department equipment as necessary and reports malfunction.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objective are met.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Celebrates and fosters decisions that result in successes as well as failures.
• Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to ensure understanding.
• Coordinates cleaning program in all F&B areas (including General clean), identifying trends and making recommendation for improvements.
• Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan.
• Stays readily available/ approachable for all team members.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the brand specific service culture.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Performs hourly job function if necessary.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to team members at all times.
• Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress report.
What qualities are we looking for:
You got skills? If you are able to perform the following, then you have come to the right place…
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Stays readily available/ approachable for all guests.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Responds in a timely manner to customer service department request.
- Ability to compute accurate mathematical calculations.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate in English with guests, management/co-workers, both in person and on the telephone.
- Proficient computer knowledge.
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.