2023 Summer Intern: Industrial Designer
Spectrum is the nation’s fastest-growing mobile provider and leading internet provider. Our tech teams create, develop, and operate leading connectivity products serving nearly 100 million users and 500 million devices. We connect people to what’s next.
This position is eligible to work in a hybrid work model (combination of in-office and remote days).
At a Glance
- You’re a motivated rising senior with a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a degree in one of the following areas listed below from an accredited college or university:
- Industrial Design
- This is a learning-intensive program designed to give you essential business insights and hands-on experience in your field of choice. It’s a full-time, 10-week commitment from May 31, 2023 through August 4, 2023.
- Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
The Spectrum Internship Experience
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the 2022 Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp and Yello.
Our internships are designed to provide:
- Opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting.
- First-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Opportunities to connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé, this includes assigning you a formal mentor and interactions with senior executives.
What you can expect in this role
As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on June 2, webinars, community service, cross-functional project, and final presentations.
Internship responsibilities may include
- Generating design concepts for a wide range of project through visual and verbal communication.
- Assisting other designers by means of 3D modeling, rendering, and prototyping.
- Actively participating and contributing in team critiques to share your design point of view.
- Supporting preparation of presentation visual assets with other designers.
- Working with a cross-disciplinary team to meet the requirements of design and product goals.
Here’s what it takes to get started
- Must be pursuing a degree in Industrial Design or similar field at an accredited College or University with a graduation date of December 2023 or May 2024
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA or greater in current program
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for Charter Sponsorship
- Strong design aesthetic with an eye for detail, and practical knowledge of engineering and manufacturing.
- Strong visual/verbal communication and team working skills.
- 2D/ 3D design skills to visualize ideas (Photoshop and Illustrator. Solidworks or Rhino, and Keyshot).
- Digital and physical prototyping skills.
- A portfolio that demonstrates wide-ranging concept exploration, 3D modeling and rendering skill, and a clear process that is visually appealing.
Here, employees don’t just have jobs, they build careers. That’s why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a salary range of $20.00/hr to $35.60/hr. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.